FileShare is a secure, online data sharing application that leverages the convenience and flexibility of the internet. To utilize FileShare you will be provided with a username and password that will enable you to securely log into your personal file system to transfer files and documents such as W2s, 1099s, broker statements, accounting data, and other tax return data. It’s simple to use!
Registering with FileShare :
- Click on the FileShare link under the left menu bar.
- A log-in screen will open.
- Register as a new user.
- Sign up using your email address as your username and a unique password.
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long and must contain a combination of either alpha and numeric characters, alpha and special characters, or numeric and special characters. We strongly recommend a password that contains alpha, numeric and at least one special character. A security bar will indicate the strength of your password with orange being medium strength and green being highly secure.
- Confirm your unique password.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click submit.
- We will activate your portal in our FileShare system within 24 hours if initiated during business hours Monday-Friday.
- Upon activation you will be notified by email. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the link in the email, log into your account, and you are now able to upload files and documents.
Uploading Files and Documents with File Share:
- To upload a file or document, click upload files.
Type the email address of your intended recipient at Cantrell & Associates where it indicates “Assigned to”.
Click the Add Files button.
Highlight the file and click Open.
Click Start Upload.
A successful upload will be indicated and you will be directed to a listing of files sent by you.
For additional help information, more detail can be found by clicking the Help button in the top right corner of your screen.
Remember to Log out when finished using FileShare.