Tax Staff Accountant
Introduction and Opportunity:
Cantrell & Associates is a well-respected, mid-sized public accounting firm founded in 1983. In addition to its significant practice as independent auditors for mostly closely-held entities, Cantrell & Associates also provides the highest quality tax-related services to its clients, primarily high-wealth individuals and their related business ventures and investments. Cantrell & Associates' high-level tax planning and business analysis abilities are key to our success in meeting the needs and expectations of our clients in the areas of taxation and financial reporting.
Cantrell & Associates is seeking a self-motivated and career-oriented individual for a position in our Tax and Audit Departments.
- Preparation and review of federal and state income tax, payroll tax and sales tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, corporations and nonprofit organizations.
- Conduct tax research and consulting on federal and state tax matters.
- Write tax memorandum to document technical conclusions on research matters.
- Assist the CPA with providing tax planning and consultation for clients.
- Must have at least Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Must have completed at least undergraduate level individual and corporate taxation and preferably partnership, estate and gift tax and or tax research.
- Proficient in the use Excel spreadsheets and preferably QuickBooks.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate multi-tasking skills and the ability to alternate between different work processes.
- Dedicated individual seeking long-term position.
- Amicable, intelligent and willing to join our team and advance to leadership position.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and compensation package are commensurate with abilities and market factors. Other benefits include insurance, flexible benefit plan and retirement plan.
Job Seeker Contract Info: